Brief tips on writing documents:
- Use YYYY-MM-DD and hh:mm:ss for date and time, 24 hr clock (ISO 8601)
- Use The International System of Units (SI) for units (kg, m, °C..)
- Use decimal comma (decimal dot is accepted) and space for thousands but
never dot or comma for thousand (
- When writing for an international audience, make a note of used notations - especially for date and time if not following international standard as above (ISO 8601).
Read More, Sources
- SI unit rules and style conventions - Check List for Reviewing Manuscripts, part of The NIST Reference on Constant , Units, and Uncertainty.
- Wikipedia on ISO 31-0: General principles, part of Wikipedia on ISO 31: Quantities and Units
- The International System of Units (SI) - SwedeTeam
- Microsoft nls information page (used to get examples of who uses dot and comma)